My mat is my happy place. Or in this case… my hoppy place? This morning my girlfriends and I joined a class of Hoppy Yoga at Green Flash Brewing and had so much fun practicing and tasting the day away.
Hoppy Yoga curates weekend yoga classes at local brewery favorites like Green Flash, OB Brewery, Stone and more. Typically the classes start between 10-11am (before the breweries open) and end in a beer tasting or celebratory pint, all included in the price of the class. You can view the schedule online to check out all the locations and instructors and pre-book your spot.
Today’s class was all levels, and there was a great mix of age, sex and ability amongst the attendees. The instructor, Erika, provided easy to understand cues and chatted with us all after class, making it a warm environment. As for the beer and Green Flash Brewing, everything was top notch! My favorites were Green Flash’s Cosmic Ristretto Black Lager and the Passion Fruit Kicker.
We had such a great time at Hoppy Yoga, and I know my husband and a couple of our friends will join me there again soon. Here are a few know before you go tips:
HOPPY YOGA: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Hoppy Yoga classes are BYOM (bring your own MAT), so don’t forget yours.
- The floors at breweries are often concrete, so be kind to your body and fold your mat in half for any postures that you need extra cushioning. This could be anytime you’re on your knees or are playing around with inversions and arm balances.
- As with all yoga classes, put your phone and watches on mute or airplane mode.
- Breweries can be chilly places — be sure to bring a long sleeve in case you want to layer up.
- Classes are all levels, so bring friends and family members who might not take class regularly (beer is a good way to get them there!).
- Try new beers you can only get at the brewery (drink responsibly, of course) and tip your bartenders!
Have you ever done Hoppy Yoga in San Diego or something similar in other cities? Share your experience and leave all your suggestions below!